Re: Invalid references to <section> and <programlisting> in an article doctype.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 02:14:52PM +0000, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Jorge Godoy wrote:
>
> > I'm writing an article where I need to make <xref>s to some sections
> > and programlistings. Unfortunately, jade / openjade doesn't allow that
> > (thought that nsgmls and onsgmls doesn't echo any error messages when
> > making the document validation test). Has anybody had this error
> > before? What was the solution for this?
>
> Hmmm, xrefs do not work on sections?? That is strange.

They work only if the lang attribute isn't used. I've tried that. I'm
writing documents using lang="pt-br".

[godoy@nexus artigos]$ jade -t sgml -i html -d /home/ldp/SGML/style/dsssl/docbook/html/docbook.dsl usando-docbook.sgml
jade:usando-docbook.sgml:129:55:E: [referência para SECTION não suportado]
jade:usando-docbook.sgml:409:52:E: [referência para SECTION não suportado]
jade:usando-docbook.sgml:574:18:E: [referência para PROGRAMLISTING não suportado]
jade:usando-docbook.sgml:624:41:E: [referência para PROGRAMLISTING não suportado]

(that was _with_ lang="pt-br")

[godoy@nexus artigos]$ jade -t sgml -i html -d /home/ldp/SGML/style/dsssl/docbook/html/docbook.dsl usando-docbook.sgml
jade:usando-docbook.sgml:574:18:E: [xref to PROGRAMLISTING unsupported]
jade:usando-docbook.sgml:624:41:E: [xref to PROGRAMLISTING unsupported]

(that was _without_ lang="pt-br").

The first two error messages are saying "xref to SECTION
unsupported".

> I haven't checked for programlistings but it seems natural not
> to be allowed (check the DocBook Book). They do not have an identity
> to be pointed to. Is there a List of Programlistings?

There's no need of a list of "programlistings". I was trying to make a
cross-reference to a listing in the middle of the text. I'll have to
include this programlisting in an example or something like that so
that I can make the cross-reference. I'd like to have an xref to the
programlisting and see in the text "listing 1". It would be useful for
making references to program code (they are not "examples" they are
code that should be typed or consulted as a reference).

--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>               GPG Fingerprint
                                         851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783

Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.
Exceto onde explicitado as declarações aqui feitas são apenas minhas.