Re: New name for Element name?

/ Hermann Flacke <hermann.flacke@bluewin.de> was heard to say:
| On Fre, 28 Jan 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:
| > / Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> was heard to say:
| > | The benefit is not obvious. May be you could explain more?
| > Yes, I'm curious, too...
| > But in any event, if you really want to change the element
| > names, I can't think of any way to do it. You could use the
| > 'remap' attribute to contain the name they want to use, I guess,
| > and maybe make your editing tool display that?
| Well, here we are again. The purpose of using different names for same
| thing is to show the authors not a simple "title" but a "title of this"
| and a "title of that" and so on. So the tool would map the entries
| for the user. This way the user knows what he's writing. Parsing the
| xml/sgml file would then retrieve "title of this", for example.

I'm still at a loss. What tool are your authors using? How is it that
<title> as a child of <chapter> isn't contextually enough information
to indicate that the title is a chapter title?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | My fate cannot be mastered; it can
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | only be collaborated with and
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | thereby, to some extent, directed.