Re: Allow StartsWith/ContinuationOf on OrderedList?

| / llarsen@sco.com (Lance F. Larsen) was heard to say:
| | The way I read the markup, the entirety of list 2 is contained within a
| | single element of list 1.  Therefore the end of list 2 is not available
| | to be "continued from" after the close of the list item that contains
| | list 2, let alone after the close of list 1.  So, the markup must assert
| | 6, not 3.
|
| What, then, should this produce:
|
| |   <orderedlist id="list1">
| 1 |     <listitem>...</listitem>
| 2 |     <listitem>...</listitem>
| 3 |     <listitem>...</listitem>
| 4 |     <listitem>...</listitem>
| 5 |     <listitem>...</listitem>
| |   </orderedlist>
| |
| |   <para>
| |       <orderedlist id="list2">
| 1 |         <listitem>...</listitem>
| 2 |         <listitem>...</listitem>
| |       </orderedlist>
| |   </para>
| |
| |   <orderedlist id="list3" continuation="continues">
| ? |     <listitem id="citem">...</listitem>
| ? |     <listitem>...</listitem>
| |   </orderedlist>

3 and 4.  What's significant (although apparently we
need to say it) is nesting with orderedlists, not
nesting within other elements.

That would allow some abuse; I wouldn't expect an
orderedlist within a Note to continue the numbering
of an orderedlist above and outside the Note, but
I would regard that as an editorial fault, not a
stylesheet fault.

regards, Terry

regards, Terry