Re: Two Questions: List Archives, Cocoon

/ Dave Makower <davemak@iclick.com> was heard to say:

http://xml.org/archives/

| 2) Does anyone know how to get the DocBook XSL Stylesheets working
| with Cocoon/Xalan/Xerces?  I had been trying, as a back-burner task,

I try occasionally. If anyone finds specific bugs, please send them
back to me. Getting them working consistently with xalan is a background
task for me, too.

| (It may have been that my changes to the stylesheets were very
| non-kosher, such as replacing relative links with absolute ones.)

Oh, yes, I've seen that bug too. Nope, I'm not going there for
the real distribution, that's a xalan bug. (I'm trying to find a
nasty PE bug in xerces to contribute the patch, but I haven't
found the time, yet. And it's not directly stylesheet releated.)

| P.S.  What I should have done was to import the stylesheets into CVS
| as a vendor branch, before trying to change them; but that would have
| been intelligent.  With 20/20 hindsight, that's what I've done now.

I hear rumblings of a project to put stylesheets into xml.apache.org
and I'm considering contributing my XSL stylesheets for DocBook.
I dunno...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Whatever else we are intended to
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | do, we are not intended to
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | succeed: failure is the fate