Re: Docbook and XSL stylesheets

Sylvain Amrani wrote:

> Guillaume Rouchy wrote:
> > I personnaly use DSSSL and Jade to produce Tex which is then translated via
> > Tex and Jadetex macros... This is not very simple but that's the only way I
> > found. Does anyone has a better solution to output PDF from XML ? via XSL for
> > instance ?
>
> Hi,
> I'm a docbook newbie. I can produce html outputs with jade (sgml) and XT
> (xml), but no way for me to get some PDF. JadeTeX give me a dvi file but
> page numbers are lost. pdfjadetex simply says :
> |This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
> |(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>
> Could you tell me what versions of jadetex, pdfjadetex, dtd and
> stylesheets you use (and maybe Tetex) ?
> What are the command lines ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Sylvain

I get the same error (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied), but only if
I'm creating a dvi or ps. HTML seems to work fine. My jade installation
is the default one, as far as I know.

It's a crappy error message, if you ask me. I don't understand what it
doesn't like or how I can go about fixing it.

Has anyone had this problem and then managed to make it go away?

--
Colin Fox
cfox@telus.net