Automatic TOC generation

A couple of questions here that needs answering. I'm fairly new to DSSSL and
I haven't been able to do the following:

* Reseting the chapter counter for each part. At the moment I have the
following:
    Part I
        Chapter 1
        Chapter 2
    Part II
        Chapter 3
        Chapter 4

 And I'd like to have:
    Part I
        Chapter 1
        Chapter 2
    Part II
        Chapter 1
        Chapter 2

 Any way I can do this ?

* Is it possible to selectively disable/enable the automatic TOC generation
(using PIs in the XML source for instance ?)

Thanks for all your answers. Best Regards,

Stéphane Bline.