Re: DocBook XSL: <xsl:variable> and <xsl:param>

/ Dave Makower <davemak@iclick.com> was heard to say:
| At 1:56 PM -0500 3/23/00, Norman Walsh wrote:
| >If there's a semantic difference between xsl:variable and xsl:param
| >at the top level, I've forgotten what it is.
|
| I thought that xsl:param was supposed to be for dynamically passed-in
| parameters (specific implementation details not specified by XSLT),
| while xsl:variable was explicitly for non-parameterized "variables"
| (essentially constants).

Uh, maybe. Sounds plausible anyway. But the DocBook stylesheets are
highly modular and I'm not clear on what the scope of xsl:param would
be in the case where they're used in param.xsl which is included in
docbook.xsl. I probably ought to check...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Not everyone can live upstream.
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ |
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |