RE: One Word User's Suggestions to DocBook under NT (was RE: Dockbook under NT)

     I'd suggest playing with Emacs first, before going too far
     down this path. I
     know a lot of people just love it. I find it a jump back to
     the dark ages.

If there were a reasonable alternative, I'd agree with you.
O'Reilly "Learning GNU emacs" was worth its weight in gold.
I now use it for XML, SGML, XSL, DTD's.

(And I'm just waiting for Schema compliance  :-)

     It just doesn't behave anything like a Windows application,
     because that
     have just made it work on Windows. This is great if you are
     Mac user, but
     this is terrible if you familar with the Windows tools. You
     really do need
     to like Emacs, if you hate Emacs -- just stop it does get
     better than this.

sorry. 5 years on a mac, 4 on *nix, rest on windows.
Its different, but 200% workable.

     If you can't install Linux, then read Markus stuff all the way through
     before you even start. When you start the process, keep the
     document or web
     site handy. You will be doing a lot of copying and pasting. If
     you are in
     the US, you might find that Ghostscript will default to A4.
     You'll need to
     jump in the pdf.ini, I think, and edit it by hand. If you have
     this problem
     e-mail me, I'll dig up my notes.

I think the comparison with Linux is valid. Its about as clear.

     I've thought of creating a Wise install for all this to make
     easier, but I
     want a better solution. I'm still looking when I find
     something, I'll let
     you guys know.

My only summary? Its worth the effort of getting it all right.
Sorry you didn't enjoy it Jeff. I wouldn't have missed it for
the world.

Regards, DaveP