Re: Proposal #2 for BNF/EBNF markup

/ "Eve L. Maler" <Eve.Maler@east.sun.com> was heard to say:
| At 05:28 PM 4/5/00 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
| I hadn't intended for constraints to point out to other documents; the
| constraintdef should be in the same document.  It's fine with me if it's an
| IDREF.

Ok.

| >I'm starting to think the semantic for 'nt' and 'constraint'
| >should be that the generate content if empty (in which case they
| >must have an IDREF (expressed as an xpointer)) or they can
| >contain content. [Can you say #CONREF? :-)]
|
| That seems okay.

Do we want to support pointers to constraints in other documents?
If not, then I think constraint should be empty.

| On the subject of <nt> vs. <nonterminal>, I agree that it's much more in
| the DocBook style to call it the latter...

Ok.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | I have animal magnatism. When I go
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | outside, squirrels stick to my
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | clothes.