Re: Minor problems using Docbook 3.1

[ Let's move this over to docbook-apps ]

/ Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
| I am using Docbook 3.1 (as supplied with Red Hat Linux 6.2).
|
| I have two rather minor problems:
|
| 1) In DocBook The Definitive Guide version 1.0.2, under the element
|    Emphasis, it says:
| "Processing expectations
|
| Formatted inline. Emphasized text is traditionally presented in italics or boldface. A Role attribute of bold or strong is often used to generate
| boldface, if italics is the default presentation."
|
| I get italics (from both TeX and HTML output), no matter what I put
| for the role attribute.

The role attribute is for end-user customization; it isn't part of
the standard distributions. I'm starting to think I ought to add it,
though. What are you using DSSSL or XSL?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The public! The public! How many
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | fools does it take to make up a
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | public?--Chamfort