RE: Latin-2 character entities in html

> It turns out that if I do a View->Character Set->UTF-8 under
> Netscape, I
> can see the macron characters, though they don't look so good (not
> nearly as good as in the PDF version, nor as good as the circumflex
> Latin-1 characters). I guess there must be some way of telling the
> browsers what font to use for the pages in the article, but I don't
> know what the html markup is for this, nor how to go about achieving
> it in DocBook.

This sounds like you might want to check if the following
would help in the "<head>" section of your HTML pages:

On the font issue, you can control this best for HTML in a CSS
stylesheet, not in your DocBook sources. DocBook is concerned only with
structure and meaning, not formatting. An internal stylesheet can be
generated on each HTML Page in your conversion from DocBook to HTML,
but I personally prefer to maintain separate external CSS stylesheets to
drive
a documentation web.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Marc Beckers