Re: Re: DocBook 4.0 - SGML or XML?

> Sure, but there are tons of commercial implementations, and implementations
> in C++ etc., and automatic support is built into a lot of commercial

It would be nice if such were listed on the oasis/Cover pages, they
give the impression that the only XSL tools that worked at all are in
java, the two or maybe three projects in non-java (C++, perl, python?
from memory) were early alpha-stage projects, and described up front
as incomplete (and free, so I'm not complaining :-)  The one exception
is some microsoft-only tools which were not favorably reviewed.

Raw XML handling is more commonly available, and to be fair that was
the original question -- but if anyone has a commercial-grade non-java
XSL engine out there, by all means let me know.  (Of course I'd prefer
a freely-modifiable system, easier to integrate, but in this
particular instance a cooperative vendor would suffice :-)

			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd Of Kittens