Re: OT: DocBook and Literate Programming?

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Jeff Duska wrote:

> I know that this topic is some times called Literate Programming. With the
> power of DocBook it seems like this might be a match made in heaven. My
> deliverables need to be HTML, PDF, RTF and, of course, the VB source code.
> It would be nice, if I could some how keep everything together and in sync.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

	Literate programming and TeX are usually associated together.  I
think it's because of Mr. Knuth and his computer math textbooks.   TeX
can do the transforms into the formats that you were talking about.

	Check out the Literate Programming FAQ:
http://www.doclib.org/Linux/devel/literate/hweb-0.1/hweb/faq/faq-8.html

	I had to delve into TeX when I was having problems with my DocBook
tool-chain.  It was not very easy to understand.  BTW: Did you try JavaDoc
when you were working with Java?  I think it also does what you want.

-- Kevin Conder, kevin@kevindumpscore.com (my email)
-- http://cluster.interaccess.com/~kconder (my homepage)