Re: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Help - Reseting the chapter numbering

/ Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.COM> was heard to say:
| In the stylesheet directory, the file common/common.xsl
| has this template that assembles the numbers for chapters:

Oops. Thanks, Bob!

| You might also suggest to Norm that this is an item
| that could be parameterized so you don't have to
| rewrite the template.

I'm torn about how to approach customization of the XSL stylesheets.
My current intuition is that I should probably expand on the template
approach so that there's a simple XML file that you write to indicate
what you'd like the stylesheet to do, then an XSL stylesheet chews on
that and spits out the customization layer that will do the right
thing.

Off the top of my head, I don't even remember if the from attribute
on xsl:number is an attribute-value-template.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A man is not necessarily
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | intelligent because he has plenty
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | of ideas, any more than he is a