Re: a nagging installation question

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 05:18:40PM +0100, balayo@mindspring.com wrote:
> I wish to start using docbook, and to that end now have the xml 4.1.2
> zip. I'm running Debian 2.2.  I'm pretty sure the Debian DocBook
> packages are pretty out of date.

Incorrect.  In 'unstable' we have the newest docbook-xml package
available.  It no longer includes sdocbk (simplified Docbook XML) but I'm
getting around to that.

It's easy to run 2.2 but load a few packages here and there from woody.

> I have psgml mode for emacs, and the sgml-base
package. Now, when
I > unzip docbkx412, where do I place the files, and how do I access them?
> how about the tools? (are those only available as rpms?)

What tools?  Debian includes jade, openjade (woody), sp,
docbook-stylesheets, jadetex, etc etc, everything you should need, or let
us know if not.

Try installing the task-sgml package, it will grab the standard baseline
stuff for SGML/XML editors.