Re: Announce: Simple DocBook/Slides/XSL Stylesheets

Greetings,

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 10:05:14PM -0600, Paul E Johnson wrote:

> Lately I've been forced into using MS PowerPoint to make slides and html
> output from the same lectures.  It had never occurred me to rebel
> against this and use DocBook to prepare them, until I saw this mention
> of a Slides doctype. How exciting.  This means I could have different
> kinds of output from a single document, right?  So it could be
> substituted for the ordeal known as PowerPoint?

<plug>
I have been using my XSLies presentation generator as a valid
PowerPoint substitution for some time already. Have a look at

	   <http://www.iki.fi/lempinen/xslies/>

if you're interested.
</plug>

I have a few patches and improvements submitted by others that I
should make into a new release soon enough. The new version will have

- No dependency on the Java XSLT extension
- Clickable items on the contents page
- Support for controlling which slides are included in the contents
  page
- Easy way of making links between slides.

-Sami

--
lempinen@iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/lempinen/
ICQ:19002710  *************  apt-get a life