RTF backend

What's the best image format to use with the Jade RTF backend? My RTF
viewer (StarOffice 5.2) doesn't seem to like EPS.

If not TeX, would the RTF be the best Jade backend for submitting fully
formatted documents to a publisher?
As I have it configured now, JadeTeX produces sub-par output (mainly due
to poor image placement and long line handling).

Thanks!
-John