Re: RFE: Date Format

| Reason:
|   Elimination of International Date Format Issues

Can anyone site examples where international date format issues arise
in technical documentation? I'm aware that they do exist, and that
<date>1/2/2001</date> is ambiguous, but I'm not convinced that this is
a real, practical problem for DocBook users.

In what context is this date format ambiguity causing problems?

With respect to the larger question of how to represent dates and
times, I draw your attention to the lengthy and detailed discussions
on the w3c-xml-schema-ig list.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | 'I have done that,' says my
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | memory. 'I cannot have done
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | that'--says my pride, and remains