Okay

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, ERIC Lawson - x52010 wrote:
> I'd like to continue an ordered list after interruption, e.g., paragraphs,
> even sections, titles and subtitles intervene between list parts, yet the
> order is preserved.  Could anybody offer me any advice or suggestions?
> Does the DTD provide any elements that could be used for that?
>
> TIA.

Sure, I answered my own question after further looking around (the ordered
list may have a continuation attribute).

Now I wonder, because I was inclined to think what I wanted was an element
rather than an attribute, whether such an attribute is appropriate.
Structurally, the initial portion of an ordered list that is continued is
distinct from an ordered list that is not continued; yet the syntax
doesn't differentiate.  This is why I expected an element, and didn't even
think to look for an attribute.

--

James Eric Lawson
Research Publications Editor III

Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is
writing a book.  --Cicero