Re: Element for literal "passthrough"?

/ "M. Wroth" <mark@astrid.upland.ca.us> was heard to say:
| The project is, BTW, a literate programming extension to DocBook, and
| this is part of getting the "tangle" (code output) branch to work.  So

Interesting. Have you considered using XSLT instead of DSSSL? I believe
that you'd get the "right" answer if your "tangle" transformation used
the "text" output method.

In DSSSL, I'd be tempted to examine each character in the output and
do the right thing without the <literalchar> hack. It'd be slower,
probably, but so much cleaner :-)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Wisdom is only a comparative
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | quality, it will not bear a single
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | definition.--Marquess of Halifax