Re: DocBook as embedded documentation language

/ Bart Schuller <schuller+docbook@lunatech.com> was heard to say:

Look at the JRefEntry subset at http://nwalsh.com/docbook/jrefentry/

| 2) Ideally, the DocBook parts would live in their own namespace, so that
|    literate-programming-like mixing of documentation and
|    programming/definition is possible. The Schema DTD uses a neat trick
|    [1] that makes it possible to pick your own namespace prefix while
|    still using a DTD. I see the experimental Schema (of course) uses
|    namespaces, but I'd like to use a DTD for greater choice of tools.

You can use it right now, like this:

  <xs:documentation xmlns="">
   <!-- docbook here -->
  </xs:documentation>

|    Any chance of this trick appearing in an updated DocBook DTD
|    sometime?

The question of a namespace name for DocBook is still open. I'm
inclined to resist providing one since it will break many, if not all,
modern tools that use DocBook.

| Lastly, some of you must have thought of this before and perhaps started
| implementing it already. I'd like to hear from you.

Look at the doc:* namespace tags in the XSL Stylesheets.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A child becomes an adult when he
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | realizes he has a right not only
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to be right but also to be