Re: tagging package names (rpm, deb)

/ Mark Johnson <mark@phy.duke.edu> was heard to say:
| They're files, all right. But they're very special files. Besides,
| I can't let you get away with that answer, it's too easy. :-)
|
| > <filename>docbook-xsl-stylesheets-1.38-2.deb</filename>

<filename role="package">

| <package format="deb" version="2" maintaineremail="mrj@debian.org">
|    docbook-xsl-stylesheets-1.38-2.deb
| </package>

If you're going to go this far, why not go all the way?

  <package>
    <person role="maintainer"
       <firstname>Mark</firstname>
       <surname>Johnson</surname>
       <email>mrj@debian.org</email>
    </person>
    <format>deb</format>
    <version>2</version>
    <release>1.38</release>
    <basename>docbook-xsl-stylesheets</basename>
  </package>

(The need for a more general "name and address" wrapper is already
floating around.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything we love, no doubt, will
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | pass away, perhaps tomorrow,
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | perhaps a thousand years hence.