Page numbering and page headers in sets

When I produce pdf output of a set of books (using V1.70 of Norman Walsh's
stylesheets) the running header of the last chapter in a book is used in
the next book until the first chapter redefines it. Thus the back of the
title page and the TOC pages are decorated with, e.g., 'Chapter 5.
References' of the previous book.

As to the page numbers I would prefer to restart numbering with each book.
I tried this with (define %page-number-restart% #t) in a driver file but
this only gives page numbers with the chapter numbers prepended (like
2-17). A side effect of that is that on the page with the abstract book
title and bookinfo are indented. The abstract itself is not.

Thanks,
Ekkehard