Re: Page numbering and page headers in sets

I used to use jade/pdftex. This morning I decided to give openjade a try.
That had the benefit of available bookmarks in the PDF file but did not
change the numbering/heading points I mentioned.

Well, then I pulled xalan (V2.1.0), fop (V0.18.1-DEV) and docbook-xsl-1.39.
Now the heading problem does not occur any more but here I have numerous
other problems. They may all relate to  the following warnings during
processing the fo file:

java -cp fop.jar:xalan.jar:w3c.jar:jimi-1.0.jar org.apache.fop.apps.Fop  booklet.fo  booklet.pdf
[...]
WARNING: Unknown formatting object http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^table-and-caption
WARNING: Unknown formatting object http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^table-caption
[...]
WARNING: property 'format' ignored
WARNING: property 'last-line-end-indent' ignored
WARNING: property 'linefeed-treatment' ignored

The last three warnings are repeated over and over again. In the PDF
document the TOC look 'funny': the chapter titles are distributed over the
entire line and the page numbers don't line up. The table in the document
is scrambled (might be due to the "unknown formatting object...").
In addition the formatting of <varlistentries> is not as nice as in the
DSSSL case: the <term> is crammed in to a narrow column which can not
accommodate the text (esp. when used for method synopsis as the perl
pod2docbook formatter does).

Currently I rather stay with the DSSSL stylesheets.

Thanks for any further hints,
Ekkehard

PS: Would it be reasonable to use the fo file generated by xalan as input
for passivetex/xmltex ?