Re: Markup for Longer Dialog Texts

/ Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> was heard to say:
| > I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you post some examples of
| > "longer texts"?
|
| No problem. Here's an example (I was using para, but maybe guilabel is
| suitable also for dialog texts.) In case guilabel is not appropriate, what
| other element would you suggest?
|
| <para lang="en">
| You obviously did not select a document, but some
| other node in the tree. The operation <quote>Delete
| AMS comment</quote>, however, requires that a
| document, more precisely an AMS comment, be
| selected. So, please choose the document to be
| deleted.
| </para>

This is text in a dialog box, right? Does anyone know what programming
APIs for dialog boxes would call this? I think they might put that in
a label widget.

Depending on the context (in your document) where you're using this, I
don't see why a <guilabel> is inappropriate.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The belief in a supernatural
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | source of evil is not necessary;
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | men alone are quite capable of