XML, docbook and SVG

I'm new to the list so the usual FAQ-type apologies. I *have* searched the
archive, however, without much success.

I'd like to know about using SVG in docbook documents:

- where should I go to find information (other than the strictly SVG sites)?
- what are the issues?
- are there any implementations or examples?
- what customizations are needed to allow it to happen?
- any number of answers to questions I haven't thought of.
- based on the 4 hits I got from the search, what's coming down the pipe
for future versions of the DTD?

Sorry for the shotgun, wide-angle post but thanks for whatever you can
contribute to lessen my ignorance.

               ...edN