Re: Markup for personal names

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> I've had a long standing action item to write a new proposal for
> "names and addresses". So I've been thinking about personal
> names. Right now we have author, editor, etc. but there's clearly a
> desire to markup other sorts of personal names (other sorts of
> contributors) and to cleanup the association of names and addresses.

What's the scope of this this proposal? Just for personal names in
bibliographic sections, or is it to include inline markup for personal
names in <para> etc.? I hope it's the latter. Also for organization
and company names and maybe place names. I just use <phrase> with a
Role attribute for this now and suspect that many other people do the
same thing.

> Rather than reinvent the wheel from scratch, I wonder if there are any
> sources we could borrow from. Does anyone know of a good name markup
> schema?

I'll do some looking at other sources and follow up to the list with
any examples I can find.