Re: modifying the DocBook DTD

> From: Shang-Lin Chen <schen@its.caltech.edu>
>
> If I modify the DocBook DTD, can I still use db2html to convert my DocBook
> documents to HTML, or do I need to create my own parser? Would anyone know
> where in the DTD to define an extension of cmdsynopsis? I'm trying to
> study the DTD, and it seems a bit above my basic understanding of SGML.

I can't address the effects on db2html, but cmdsynopsis
is declared in dbpool.mod.

DocBook is a gnarly DTD because of all the parameter
entities it uses.  But those parameter entities are
what make it customizable without actually editing
the DTD files.  I highly recommend you take the time
to read the twenty pages of the "Customizing DocBook"
in DocBook: The Definitive Guide, available online from
http://docbook.org.  It will tell you how to do it.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com