RE: <*list> In or After <para>?

Actually, I do just that--close the para before the list, but I don't
like it for the reason mentioned previously in this thread: the list
often really is part of the para.

I guess I was trying to say that I don't understand why the stylesheets
give you this:

<ol>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
</ol>

Are there times when you really want that? ...Moments
pass...understanding of Norm's wisdom slowly enters my thick skull...ah,
I make the spacing before the list whatever I want with css:

P, OL
{
       margin-top: 0.1in;
}