Re: [ #456174 ] Req: a <YearRange> within <copyright>

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 07:57:35AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> <year>1999</year>
> <year>2000</year>
> <year>2001</year>
>
> will be rendered as 1999-2001.

Well, I guess it will address most uses, but my initial proposal
(explicit range) was also intended to avoid the need to specify each
year individually.  But well, it's a nice feature, thanks.

>From your description of the feature I infer it just merges
consecutive years, so that the following can be produced - right ?

>   Copyright (C) 1956, 1962, 1998-2001

Do you have plans to extent the DSSSL stylesheets in the same way ?
More generally, what is your policy regarding the dsssl and xsl
stylesheets ?

> For the record: you can already use <year>1999-2000</year> or any other
> range that you want and there is no proposal on the table to attempt to
> prevent this.

Anyway it'd be useless to discuss it as long as a DTD is the
authoritative definition of DocBook.  Maybe when we come to some
schema...

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre