Re: Producing an Index

> From: Ken Walton <kenw@ddd.co.za>
>
> I am using DocBook 4.1.2. with Xalan and chunk.xsl to produce html files. Is
> there an application that can produce an index marked up in DocBook?

The chunk.xsl stylesheet is already set up to produce
an HTML index from the index entries in your document.  All
you need to do is add an empty <index/> element to your
document.  Your output will include an index HTML file.
If you look in chunk.xsl, you'll see that it first imports
'autoidx.xsl', which is a customization that does the
automatic indexing.

It doesn't produce a XML index file marked up in
Docbook xml, since it processes it entirely in memory from
the document tree.  But you do get an HTML index
along with your other HTML output.

If that isn't what you want, and your really need
a DocBook XML index file, I think you would
have to write your own XSL stylesheet to do that.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com