Re: format notations

/ Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> was heard to say:
| As near as I can tell those all are in fact notation names. And this
| does seem like exactlly what notations are meant for, so is there any
| reason format isn't decalred to have type NOTATION? Should this be
| fixed in a future version of the Docbook DTD?

In XML, empty elements cannot have attributes of type NOTATION. (I forget
if the same was true of SGML, it might have been.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The great man is he who has not
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | lost the heart of a child.--Mencius
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |