Re: website dtd newbie

Massimiliano Mirra <list@chromatic-harp.com> writes:

>So the catalogs are here but I cannot seem to have xsltproc access
>them.  I tried invoking it with the --docbook option and the
>--catalogs option (after having set and exported $SGML_CATALOG_FILES
>both to /etc/sgml/docbook-website.cat and
>/usr/share/sgml/docbook/custom/website/2.0b1/catalog) with no success.
>What am I missing?

Have you tried adding the --nonet or --warnnet options?  (The former should
stop it from using the URL to get the DTD.)

Are you sure the public ID matches the catalog entry?  (Please give
the top of the doc, so it can be compared it to the catalog contents.)

If you're running on a linux system, you can use the "strace" command to
get a trace of the system calls that it's executing.  (On solaris, use
the "truss" command.)  So for instance, on linux, you could say:
   strace -o /tmp/out -f xsltproc --catalogs --nonet stylesheet.xsl website.xml

Then look into /tmp/out.  You should see it at least "open" and "read"
calls, where it opens and reads the catalog files.  If it isn't opening
them, then it probably doesn't know where the catalogs are, so maybe
SGML_CATALOG_FILES isn't set or exported correctly.

If it is opening and reading them, then for some reason, the lookup is
failing, so maybe the catalog entries aren't correct, maybe you have the
wrong identifier in the document.

					m@

+-mbraun@urbana.css.mot.com-+- I was chasin' a ghost pale and white-----------+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    and hard to see;  The boys in blue from      |
|   Urbana  Design Center   |  Peculiar School are hangin' out in the dark    |
+Cellular Subscriber Sector-+--- and they're lookin' for me. ------------[SR]-+