Re: Customization and classes

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 03:00:19PM -0500, Adams, Lisa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to write a customization layer and have identified the 14
> elements I need to add to the info pool, but am having a hard time figuring
> out what they are similar to, and which class things are in, in order to add
> the right class info. Your book and online guide provide one customization
> example that takes an element and duplicates its attributes and class
> entities exactly, but it's the only example I can find. Can you provide any
> more customization examples than your book or online guide does?

I wrote a tool called LiveDTD to assist me in writing
an extensive customization layer for DocBook.  It converts
a DTD into a browsable hypertext document, and it made
navigating the maze of parameter entities much quicker.
You can see a browsable version of DocBook 4.1.2 and
a customized version DocBook 3.0 at:

http://www.sagehill.net/livedtd/demonstration.html

(the page above that describes the LiveDTD interface).
When I have a question that requires looking at the
DTD, I always use the live version now.

Also from that website you can download the livedtd.pl Perl
script that makes these things.  It is very useful for
developing and maintaining a customization layer for a DTD.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com