Re: Simplfying the ToC content model

HEllo All,

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> was heard to say:
> | That puts the burden on the user to verify manually that the nesting is
> | correct.  Wasn't that what DTD's were supposed to provide?  ISTM that
>
> This is only for the unusual case where you want to maintain the TOC
> by hand.

Peter makea a good point, and I am not quite sure how unusual it is to
maintain or recreate the toc 'by hand' (or script/xsl). With the nested
toc and with the proper class there is always this nagging feeling that
the toc could be incorrect.

And how unuasual is the 'manual' maintance of the toc? There must be
quite few companies/people using the docbook outside the docbook/dssl/fo
  setup who need to generate the toc one way or another.

Regards,

Gerrit