Re: Forcing a Line Feed

Norm

>>/ Martin Gautier <martin.gautier@myrnham.co.uk> was heard to say:
>>| I want to be able to do the <sbr> thing in a <para>. ie. Force a line
feed
>>| within my paragraph.
>>|
>>|         eg. <para>Here is my paragraph and this is an
>>| <inlinemediaobject>...</inlinemediaobject><sbr>and now I want this on
>>| new line after the image which must be in-line</para>
>>
>>Why do you want to do this? What is the significance of the newline
>>after the image?

There are a number of reasons this might happen, not necessarily with the
<para> element (<programlisting> containing lines longer than the width of
my publishing media for example). In my example, if the <para> was inside
a <table> <entry>, there might not be enough room in the cell to present
the paragraph as expected - It would be convenient to force a line break
at a suitable (for presentation purposes) location decided by me rather
than my stylesheet.

When I posed the question I expected a reply describing something I missed
along the lines of using an <sbr> or <beginpage> - both elements designed
for presentation rather than data description. I guess there isn't such a
thing :o(

Perhaps I need to study my stylesheets and possibly modify them to build a
solution for me - something I was hoping to avoid.

Thanks for giving this some attention...

Mart