Re: newbie Q's about Simplified DocBook 1.0b2

Norman Walsh wrote:

> No, that's not the same thing at all. The content model of listitem in
> DocBook is required to be block content. You can't not put the para in
> there.
> [...]
> I consider it a browser bug that
>
>   <ol compact="compact">
>   </ol>
>
> does not render the way you want.

Fair enough. I was so accustomed to working around that bug, I forgot
that <li> may contain block content, not just inline content.
I will make sure the stylesheet is smart enough to deal with this.

> Ahem. Maybe you'd like to start a thread about this on the
> docbook-apps list? :-)

Can't subscribe to it while I'm composing this email ;)

> I'm not sure what you mean by cumbersome,
> except perhaps that they're a bit, uhm, large.

Too large to process quickly with 4XSLT, and somewhat too revealing of bugs in
our XML parsers :) IIRC, the main issue is the size of l10n.xml. Parsing this
takes forever.

Thanks for your help!

   - Mike
  mike j. brown                   |  xml/xslt: http://skew.org/xml/