Re: DocBook TC Meeting Minutes: 21 May 2002

At 15:15 21/05/2002 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
>/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
>| DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 21 May 2002

>9b. XML Character entities
>
>Mike: Looking at some Linux distributions and a distribution for the
>CygWin system, I noticed that they are distributing another version of
>the character entity files. Nobody should be tampering with those
>files, they should just be using the standard versions distributed at
>the OASIS DocBook site.

Rather a strong view?

>We should come up with some mechanism for clearly identifying the
>files (internally) and indicate that they should not be changed.

Perhaps add, 'though they may be added to as a customisation'?
(with rationale of re-use across installation).

IBM posted quite a good paper on DITA recently, Don Day.
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita5/index.html

Regards DaveP

Regards DaveP