Re: Defining ENTITYs in nested entity files

Hi Ed,

Although this doesn't solve your problem, it might be of some help to keep track of your entities.  Each of our books that is divided up into separate files has its own "entities.sgml" file, in which we place all the entity definitions.  We also have a common/entities.sgml file that contains entities common to all books (such as product names, contact info. etc.).  Each entities.sgml file can be organized and commented as desired.

Here is an example of a typical book's entities.sgml file:

http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-dociapientities.html

This is our common/entities.sgml file:

http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-axentitydeclarationfiles.html

And here is more explanation of how we use entities:

http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-entities.html

Hope that helps.

> However, to "include" the nested files, I have to identify all of them
> in the book.sgml as <!ENTITY> elements before the <book> tag starts.  I
> couldn't find a way to name a file to be included/imported on the spot.
> It seems more natural to me to define the chapter elements in each part
> file, and the part files in the book file.

Cheerio!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert@cogent.ca)
Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca)