Re: curious about duplicated elements

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   as i peruse all of the elements, i was curious about the fact that
> contain a <bookinfo> element, which itself can contain a <title>.
>
>   this kind of duplication seems to be fairly rare -- a <book> can't
> directly contain, for example, an <authorgroup>; that has to be
> within the <bookinfo> element.  any reason why title, subtitle
> and titleabbrev have this extra flexibility?

I think this comes from the distinction of meta data (title inside *info,
e.g.  bookinfo) and non-meta data (e.g. title inside book) where the
former is usually not represented in any form in printed output (therefore
meta data) and the latter makes up material to be printed in the output
format.

HTH,
Steffen.

--