Re: Fw: programlisting

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:41:58PM -0500, John R. Daily wrote:
> At (time_t)1029465981 Dave Pawson wrote:
>
> > At 00:17 15/08/2002, Bob Stayton wrote:
> >
> > >I notice that the HTML 4.0 spec says the class attribute
> > >can be a space-separated list of names.  That sounds like
> > >you could have both element name and role value as
> > >class values in a div class attribute.  But how do you
> > >write CSS to deal with that, and do the browsers support
> > >such syntax?
> >

> > John seems more up to date on css than I, but as you did Bob,
> > I should be reading the specs :-)
>
> I ignored the question because I thought my mail had already
> answered it.
>
> If you have class="foo bar baz" in an element, any of the
> following selectors will work:
>
> .foo
> .bar
> .baz

Is that really a "will work", or more of a "should work"?
My not-extensive experience in writing CSS is that
different browsers support different subsets of CSS1, let
alone CSS2.  I found it hard to have one stylesheet that
worked as it should in all browsers.

Dave, if you are willing to put up some test pages on your
site, we could look at them with various browsers
to see what works.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com