Re: DocBook XSL stylesheet loses whitespace with MSXML

Kevin Yank wrote:

> >From tinkering with the test document, it seems like MSXML is dicarding
> any whitespace-only text nodes in the <screen> element.

This is known bug/feature of MSXML. It removes all white-space only
nodes from source tree.

> Can anyone explain this behaviour? Can anyone suggest a
> modification/extension to the standard XSL stylesheet for DocBook that
> would prevent this from happening? I've been at this for hours and have
> been unable to figure out what's tripping up MSXML.

You can invoke MSXML manually by some script and turn off whitespace
stripping (there is property on parser object for doing this). You can
find more info in MSXML SDK.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz