Professor wants RTF / APA, what to do?

I have a professor who wants papers in RTF format, and they must be
APA compliant.  I normally do everything in LaTeX to get the APA
compliance, and submit PDF's; but the professor can't take PDF because
he wants to be able to comment and redline on it and hand it back.

I've been looking for ways to go from LaTeX to RTF w/out much success.
There's a tool out there, but it's still maturing.

So I'm starting to look into DocBook.  I read that DocBook can output
RTF documents.  Can you folks tell me if it will do the job I need?

I'm skeptical, because I wouldn't expect docbook tools to understand
my LaTeX bib file.  Will docbook take a LaTeX bibliography database
and use it to output APA formatted references?  If not, does DocBook
at least have a bibliography capability that removes the writer from
having to know about APA?