Re: generating context-dependant elements in source tree

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 01:41:14AM +0600, qmax wrote:
> Hello.
>
> This problem probably due to my lamerness and missing some points,
> but however, i cannot find clean answer anywere.
>
> The problem is to automatically generate some elements, dependant on
> context.
>
> Egg, to create title "The Foo of Bar" in a section, wich has role='foo'
> and is within section titled "Bar".
>
> At my opinion, this leads to creating a children node in source tree,
> and then passing that tree through templates.
>
> How to achieve this w/out creating own XSLT procssor  ?

An XSLT stylesheet can generate elements, dependent on the
context.  But I'm not clear on what you are trying to accomplish.
Are you trying to put the title "The Foo of Bar" in the
output (HTML, FO, ?), or are you trying to generate a new
version of the XML document that replaces the section

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com