Advantages of XInclude?

I have a problem about XInclude and docbook.

With XInclude itīs possible to nest xml-documents. A book can be devided into chapters and a chapter can be devided into smaller parts and so on. One of the "greatest" advantages with XInclude is the possibility to validate the modules. In my chapters, I have a XInclude element pointing to a smaller part of the chapter. This meens that I have to change my DTD in a way that it accepts this xinclude element to be able to validate the chapter. I will have to to this for the other parts as well.
I donīt see the big advantage og validating the parts if I need specially designed DTDs for all the parts.

Now somebody will answer that I have to bring all the parts together before I can validate the document. It wolud be possible, but then I am getting even more sceptical about the possibility to validate the parts.

I would be very thankfull if somebody could explain this to me.

Kim Weit

Swipnet.com
Sweden

WebMail från Tele2 http://www.tele2.se