Re: XHTML tables

Bob Stayton wrote:

The DocBook Technical Committee has been discussing this
for several recent meetings.  At this point the committee
is not supporting HTML tables in DocBook, for the reasons
described in the last set of minutes[1].  It will be
considered again in the next meeting on 18 March.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200301/msg00015.html

"Norm: If we were starting over, I don't think there'd be much support for CALS over HTML."

I agree. I think I'd be much happier with a DocBook which includes the XHTML table model. Simple to write, simple to process, familiar to many.
(Perhaps you could forward this vote to the TC :)

Tobi

-- http://www.pinkjuice.com/