Re: subsetting: excluding CALS table

Bob Stayton wrote:

Create a DTD customization layer that sets:

<!ENTITY % cals.table.module "IGNORE">

That's how far I got already :)
Seriously though: thanks for your reply.

See DocBook: The Definitive Guide for help creating a DTD
customization layer.

Yeah, I glanced over it. I just wanted to ask here, since I thought that someone might already have code what I want :)

If you are planning to replace <table> with something else,
then you also need to include those declarations.

If your intent is to eliminate <table> completely, then
you will need to modify this parameter entity as well
to remove 'table':

<!ENTITY % formal.class
		"equation|example|figure|table %local.formal.class;">

If you plan to paste in the XHTML table element
declarations, be aware that you also need to add the
XHTML elements listed in their content models, or rewrite
the content models to contain only DocBook elements.

I think I'd like to disallow CALS, then allow for XHTML table elements table, tr, td, etc, and allow for para, inline stuff, etc inside td; but I'm not sure yet.

I'm really looking forward to seeing an XHTML table module incorporated into full and official DocBook ...

Tobi

-- http://www.pinkjuice.com/