Re: Re: any reason why a "procedure" is not a child of "para"?

So what are you proposing? That an inline procedure element be a child of the paragraph element? For example:

or something like:

<step>Turn it on</step
<step>Turn it off.</step>
</procedure>

or:

<procedure>
</procedure>

I suppose the proposed hierarchy could be defined in the DTD, but I just haven't run across a good example where the referencing paragraph is not also part of a coherent whole such as a section or chapter too. The procedure must be clear to be of use to a reader therefore you should provide a good example of where this would be beneficial.

Sincerely, Jeff Biss