Re: Re: any reason why a "procedure" is not a child of "para"?

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Steven Cogorno wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day said:

> > consider a possible para:
> >
> >   <para>If you want to start writing in DocBook, here are the
> >    steps you'll need to do:
> >    <procedure>
> >    </procedure>
> >   </para>
> >
> > this makes perfect sense, and it's clear that the <procedure>
> > element logically belongs within the paragraph.
>
> So tag it as:
>
> <procedure>
>   <para> If you want to start writing in DocBook, here are the
>   steps you'll need to do:</para>
>   <step>...</step>
> </procedure>

no way.  that most definitely does not *logically* represent what
i'm trying to say.

and it additionally does not allow me to have a procedure within
a <para> so that i can have *trailing* information after the
procedure but before the end of the para.  (that is, a procedure
must end with (step)+, and nothing else.)

enough.  as dilbert once said to a co-worker, "um ... this is
where you agree with me and we move on."

rday