Re: [docbook] Clean way to insert a "pause" between blocks of paragraphs?

On Friday 28 March 2003 21:52, James J. Ramsey wrote:
> <separation/>, IMHO, is better than <pause/>. Imagine
> if the DocBook file were translated to audio. The
> <pause/> tag would then imply a particular means of
> presenting the audio, rather than a semantic cue to
> subtly separate parts of a chapter.

Well, pause just implies a pause, of which the nature is structural
because it's DocBook. When such a pause occurs, I'd generally
want an audio reader to pause just as I'd want an extra linebreak to
occur in visual media. So I'm not 100% sure if I like <seperation /> better
than I like <pause />.

Are there others with strong opinions on this subject?

 - Rowan

--
The air was filled with contradiction
Conversations covered with friction